This post has already been read 1155 times!
How to make Kheer Recipe
1 cup long grain rice
1 liter fresh milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
4 green cardamoms
8 cashews, chopped
8 almonds, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons chironji
1. Boil rice in a pot of water. Do not drain.
2. Boil milk in another pot. Drain the excess water from the rice and add it to the boiled milk. Fold in the dry fruits.
3. Allow to cool. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Heat ghee in a small pan. Add cardamoms and allow to cook in the ghee for 20-30 seconds. Remove from heat.
5. Pour in a tadka prepared of ghee with cardamoms.
6. Serve hot/chilled.