This post has already been read 1795 times!
Sindhi Style Mutton
Mutton …. 250 gms.
Onions …. 2 medium sized (sliced)
Tomatoes… 1 (chopped)
Ginger paste … 1 tsp
Garlic paste …. 1 tsp
Green chillies … 1-2 (Chopped)
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder …….. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder …. 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala ……… 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder … 1/2 tsp ( according to your taste )
Green cardamoms …. 2-3
Salt …… to taste
Coriander leaves … to garnish
1. Clean the mutton and set aside.
2. Heat oil and fry the onion for a few minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and a little water and simmer it to cook. Grind it with a hand grinder or in a mixer.
4. Now add the mutton and saute it. Keep adding a little water in between and continue to saute ( Bhuno) until you get a nice brown colour.
5. Now add the salt and dry spice powders. Crush the cardamoms and put them along with the skin. Also add a little chopped coriander leaves.
6. Pour sufficient water for the gravy and simmer it until done. Or Pressure-cook it. (If you are using pressure cooker add less water)
7. In India the mutton is really tender and cooks easily. But abroad we need to pressure-cook it because the mutton is frozen.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.